Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Banned For All Time

"We're sorry, but you are restricted from posting on this site"

So the moderators at the BBC Five Live messageboards told me when I attempted to answer someone cheering for the death of British soldiers. The person cheering held a British passport, and was joined by two others claiming the same residence. Their posts glorifying the death of a British soldier, on a British messageboard, paid for by British taxpayers, left me agog. That they remained, and posts expressing anger and shock at the traitorous culprits were removed, including my own, proved my previous thoughts correct:

There is something very sick going on in Britain, and their media, specifically the BBC, is fueling it. I expect it from the continentals, but not the British!

The first time I was banned I had a membership for 6 years with the BBC. Had experienced the occasional post-removal, but was mostly in good standing and followed the rules. I met an amazing bunch of people, 3 of whom are my co-contributors to this blog.

The two subsequent bannings were a result of me attempting to get a new membership, and failing after a few posts. Once the mods saw which way my political wind blew, I was blocked. None of the posts 'broke the house rules'.

I am not alone. Who knows how many 'moderate' voices have been banned. I know of two others - both women, both Americans, one openly Jewish. But several posters have disappeared. Were they banned as well or did they just give up?

Some will remember me as 'Mistress of my Domain'.

I bring this up not because I want to slag off the BBC, but because I want to know if there is an agenda by some of its employees that is:

A) Anti-British
B) Anti-American
C) Anti-capitalist
D) Anti-Jew
E) Anti-Christian
F) Pro-Islamist
G) All of the above

The BBC appears to cater to the black flag flying far far left Marxists and their bedfellows, the extremist muslim.

Why?

Have a read:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbfivelive/F2148565

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbfivelive/F2148564

and any of the US/Mid East Have Your Says:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/default.stm

Would love to hear from others who have been banned from the Beeb.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to be careful on the BBC. I am guessing they saw your posts as attacking the poster (your links are general not specific threads).

There is almost an 'art' to keeping on the right side of the BBC. Bearing in mind others take delight at complaining about posts they disslike.

Once they would talk to posters if they asked for an explaination of post removals, not now, since the software change. I have have removals permitted to be replaced in the past.

So people can get away with outrageous things, then get reaction to them pulled, if it has a go at them for it. It is good practice to survive all message boards not to be abusive to posters, not to use bad language, and reamain calm! Post back with opposing views, or disection of previous posts, without getting personal :-)

Also remember posts are looked at in isolation at the BBC, not as part of a thread. They do not know or care what was said before.

crownofrue said...

Well JSG I was so incensed at the relish displayed for the death of a British soldier that I probably called the stupid little F a traitor right in the thread but good christ, that is what she is. She daily roots for the people our soldiers are fighting.

It is hard at times to make any sense of the Britain that we see from abroad - it is not British at all, but people who hate the nation that they live in and the values laid down centuries ago.

Anyway, the MB will probably close soon or go the way of Today, but I just feel like the Beeb has lost the plot.

Getting personal is something we all try to avoid of course, but I am human, female, and 'onree (that's ornery) to boot...

hope you will visit us again!

Anonymous said...

A bitr of advice, when it sdays that, just re-register. I think it's happened to me before.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was permanently banned from the BBC 'Points of view' messageboard for publicly dissing their 'iPlayer' and pointing out that you can get better quality copies of the same programmes from BitTorrent, without the DRM.

Banned for 'encouraging illegal activities', apparently :-(

You can easily sign up for another account. If they have you IP blocked then simply use an anonymous web proxy (just do a Google).

Frankly the BBC messageboards are such shite in terms of their functionality, are so obviously censored, and so full of pretentious, anally-retentive assholes as members that I cannot be arsed to re-register.