Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jeremy Clarkson tries some hot sauce

From Tim Blair:

“I like a hot sauce,” writes Jeremy Clarkson. But he’s never previously encountered a sauce the likes of Insanity Private Reserve:
The pain started out mildly, but I knew from past experience that this would build to a delightful fiery sensation. I was even looking forward to it. But the moment soon passed. In a matter of seconds I was in agony. After maybe a minute I was frightened that I might die. After five I was frightened that I might not.

The searing fire had surged throughout my head. My eyes were streaming. Molten lava was flooding out of my nose. My mouth was a shattered ruin. Even my hair hurt …

Even now, the following morning, I feel weak, shell-shocked, like I may die at any moment. And all I’d ingested was a drop.

Long-time readers have been over this territory before.

Posted via email from Garth's posterous

No comments: