Sunday, September 6, 2009

Eating in Thailand - Baan Kanitha


There are two in Bangkok, with Liz, Brian and myself going to the one with the art gallery attached on South Sathorn Road.

It's a large space with a high ceiling, something like a barn with Thai characteristics.

Don't mistake that as a criticism though. It was a very elegant and comfortable space.

And after the disappointment of the Mango Tree a night or two before, I can say that the dining experience here was much more enjoyable.

The service was first class. Attentive without being intrusive.

The food was of an altogether better class and standard than the Mango Tree. Quite frankly, as it was something like a fortnight ago, I'm not going to go into any detail about what we had because I basically can't remember.

I will be going back though the next time I'm in Bangkok.

Posted via email from Garth's posterous

No comments: