Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution by Richard Dawkins

Okay, I'm don't exactly agree with Little Green Footballs on everything these days, but do agree wholeheartedly with it when it comes to opposing idiot superstition like creationism, and its bastard child intelligent design.

I've almost bought this book on three occasions now, but put it off each time. Wont happen a fourth!

I got this book for my beloved Kindle a few days ago: The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution by Richard Dawkins.

 

I’m about a quarter of the way into it, and I already have no hesitation about recommending it highly to anyone interested in arming themselves with the best arguments possible against creationists and cdesign proponentsists. It’s well written and very entertaining — unless you’re a creationist, in which case it may cause severe cognitive dissonance, hopefully (but not necessarily) leading to enlightenment.

 

(If enlightenments last for more than four hours, seek medical attention.)

Here’s a short interview with Dawkins based on the introduction to the book:

Posted via email from Garth's posterous

No comments: