It’s not just the beds but the houses that are now burning, too…
Throwing away $2.45 billion on free insulation was always a colossal waste of cash, done in a panic with barely a thought about whether this was smart ... or safe:
Finance Minister Lindsay Tanner denied it would have been better to roll out the program slowly.
”I don’t think it’s right to say we should have sat back ... dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s because we were in a crisis situation,’’ he told Sky News.
Result? Houses hot-wired and set alight, and people killed. To be specific:
Four undertrained installers are dead [one of them only 16 years old apparently], two electrocuted by incorrectly installing foil insulation
At least 21 About 1000 homes left with potentially deadly electrical faults
Dozens of NSW houses set alight by faultily installed insulation.
It’s not just a farce but a scandal....
More here http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/kevins_from_queensland_and_here_to_help/