Monday, June 1, 2009

Layman's guide to why climate models are wrong

Written by Dr. Roy W. Spencer   
Saturday, May 30 2009 19:07
 

23-ipcc-climate-models1

 
I occasionally hear the complaint that some of what I write is too technical to understand, which I’m sure is true. The climate system is complex, and discussing the scientific issues associated with global warming (aka “climate change”) can get pretty technical pretty fast.
 
Fortunately, the most serious problem the climate models have (in my view) is one which is easily understood by the public. So, I’m going to make yet another attempt at explaining why the computerized climate models tracked by the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) – all 23 of them – predict too much warming for our future. The basic problem has been peer reviewed and published by us, and so cannot be dismissed lightly.
 
But this time I will use no graphs (!), and I will use only a single number (!!) which I promise will be a small one. ;)
 
Full article here
 
 

Posted via email from Garth's posterous

No comments: