Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cries the antivaccinationist: Why are we injecting TOXINS into our babies? (revisited)

The full post is at Respectful Insolence:

Speaking of spite, though, does anyone remember a regular commenter here by the name of Dawn? No, not "Dawn from MI," who had to start signing her posts that way in order to distinguish herself from what we started calling "evil Dawn," a situation that sometimes caused confusion and made me feel sorry for "good Dawn's" having to put up with the occasional confusion. Ultimately, evil Dawn went too far, pissing me off to the point where I banned her, making her only the second person (out of three) ever banned in the five years of this blog, the first being John Best. (The third one banned was Happeh.) Given the august company that evil Dawn finds herself in, there is no doubt that the crazy was strong in this one. So was the spite, which was what finally got her kicked off as a commenter on this blog. Fortunately, unlike Happeh, Dawn has stayed gone, and the blog is much better off for it.

Unfortunately, it looks as though Dawn found herself a "better" blogging gig than annoying my readers any time I blogged about vaccines. In fact, she's managed to get a bit of work of hers published on a fairly high profile anti-vaccine website, as some of my readers and one of my blog buds PalMD, pointed out to me. The article is FDA Approved H1N1 Vaccines Contain Ingredients Known to Cause Cancer and Death. Here's a hint. It's so bad that it's posted on Kevin Trudeau's website as well. Here's another hint: Even the anti-vaccine crank blog Age of Autism did not link to Dawn's post. (Maybe the "editors" there learned something from the Heckenlively debacle. Naaaaaaahhh!)

In any case, in Dawn's article, the stupid is everlastingly burning. In fact, if a such a thing as hell exists, the fire burning there eternally would be Dawn's burning stupid, and the punishment for anyone with a modicum of knowledge of science would be to have Dawn read her article to you over and over again for all eternity.

Geez, I just scared even myself. Maybe I should start going to Mass again. And Confession. Maybe I could become an usher at the local church and join the Knights of Columbus. If there's even a homeopathic chance that this version of hell is waiting for me at the end of my life, it's enough to shake even my doubt. You'll soon see what I mean.

Basically, what Dawn did was to look at the ingredients of the H1N1 vaccines that will soon be on the market, attended Google University, read a few Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and, voilĂ ! The stupid is served.

Posted via email from Garth's posterous

No comments: