Friday, October 2, 2009

Chito and his pet....crocodile????


"Pocho is my best friend. This is a very dangerous routine but we have a good relationship. He will look me in the eye and not attack me.

"It is too dangerous for anyone else to come in the water. It is only ever the two of us."

Chito made friends with the croc after finding him with a gunshot wound on the banks of the Central American state's Parismina river 20 years ago.

He had been shot in the left eye by a cattle farmer and was close to death.

But Chito enlisted the help of several pals to load the massive reptile into his boat.

He says: "When I found Pocho in the river he was dying, so I brought him into my house.

 

Check out the photos!

I just hope this doesn't end badly one day.

 

Posted via email from Garth's posterous

No comments: